Shuffle's Restaurant Reviews
Shuffle, born extremely small and delicate, could not be left alone for a couple of weeks without fear of mom or siblings crushing her...so when we needed some time out, she went along - in my bra. It made for interesting conversation! Being the well traveled little pup that she is, she has decided to do a restaurant review page. All her reviews were done under-cover without the knowledge of the establishments critiqued....
Webberville Diner, Webberville, MI **** Best Omlet around and the Brother's 4 Special was very filling - Lots of wiggling and two peeps but maybe it was the camera case, she had outgrown her bra disguise.
New China King, Howell, MI *** Szchwen Chicken and Almond Chicken tasty, no peeps but a small wiggle of approval, bra puppy for this visit.
Sunrise Cafe, Howell, MI ** one peep and no wiggles, slept soundly in the bra, the Philly Steak Omlet was burnt and the hashbrowns soggy but the best atmosphere.
Perkins Restaurant and Bakery, Marquette, MI (in spirit)***** I didn't visit here except in spirit - this will be my last review. My human mom got the news here that I had passed and the staff was wonderful. They comforted mom which made me happy, and the manager even covered the bill. I give this one 5 stars for the wonderful compassion shown when needed. A great place to eat because the people are good.
Local health codes mandate that pets be restricted from enclosed restaurants and suggest that they be kept out of open areas as well. Unlike some European countries where pets are welcome, the U.S. is decidedly un-pet friendly for the most part. However, there are many websites that will help you find pet friendly dining and we've added a few here. Not all outdoor restaurants allow pets so please be sure to confirm the restaurant's pet policy.
The above are not pet friendly restaurants as Shuffle was undercover in her bra while doing research, but if you'd like to try some pet friendly places try these:
Pet Friendly Restaurants
petfriendlytravel.com/pet_dog_friendly_restaurants....and it features none other than Gracie O'Malley's Pub & Eatery, Port. St. Joe, Florida (Maybe we should have Gracie do future reviews now that Shuffle is getting too big for her bra!)
takeyourpet.com - requires membership
Bringfido.com has a great listing of pet-friendly eateries with details and more locations by state/country (call to confirm)
- Grimaldi's Pizzeria, Hoboken, NJ
- Madison Bar and Grill, Hoboken, NJ
- Louie's Backyard, Key West, FL
- The Dog Bar, Charlotte, NC
- K9 Kafe, Singapore, SC
- Shake Shack, New York, NY
- Barking Dog Luncheonette, New York, NY
- Norm's Eatery and Ale House, Seattle WA
- Lucky Lab Brewery, Portland, OR
- The Crab Shack, Tybee Island, CA
- Cones and Bones, Lansing, MI
- Water Street Coffee Joint, Kalamazoo, MI
- Border Cantina, Brighton MI
- Pronto, Royal Oak, MI
- The Dish Cafe, Traverse City, MI
- Navigator, Munising, MI
- Black Market Bar, Birmingham, MI
- Weathervane Terrace Inn, Charlevoix, MI
- Traffic Jam and Snug, Detroit, MI
- Jay's Dairy Queen, Walled Lake, MI
- Sonic Drive in, Wyoming, MI
- Black Dog Pub, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- The Charlotte Room, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Carmelina, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Sandstone Grillhouse, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
If you know of any, I'd love to add them....